Sunday, May 22, 2011

Dynosaur Business card sketches

4 comments:

  1. HORIZONTAL EXAMPLE

    -Have you thought about using a less condensed font for the sans serif for the front of the card? It could give a better contrast. Maybe try the typeface Knockout for different weights. This could also help and you could line up 'Visual Solutions' with 'Dynosaur.

    -Try centering 'Dynosaur' in the center of the page, it looks a little higher than it should be


    VERTICAL EMBOSSED EXAMPLE
    -The proximity between the D and 'Dynosaur' is good, but I feel like it should be lower. Maybe try grouping the two, and centering to the page.


    OTHER NOTES:
    -Y'all got a website?! Put a website and number on there bud! I'll help you with the site no prob. Look into Behance's new ProSite. I've been setting mine up and its super easy, and looks killer. Only thing is its $11/month, but definitely worth the huge investment. You can try it out and view your content to see if you like it http://www.behance.net/

    Plus Behance is a good way for people to search keywords and find your work. GLOBAL DESIGN DOMINATION.

    Give me 10 bucks and I'll buy you a domain once you get it set up. DYNOSAURDESIGN.COM TAKING OVER THE WORLD!

    Sorry, I've had a lot of coffee today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Horizontal:
    isn't Knockout all really condensed? but yeah, I thought the condensed was a nice contrast- I do have some other type samples going, I just wanted to pick my two favorite directions off the artboard.
    I can't decide whether "visual solutions" is even the wording to use. Owning something is hard!

    Veritcle:
    I think maybe instead of embossed, a clear spot varnish could be hot, plus then it would leave the back side of the card usable. The idea of imprint with embossing is really cool, but like I said, takes out a portion of the back side for use, and in someones wallet that shit will get rubbed out anyway.


    Other:
    I totally forgot about Behance! I will check that out- though I have a feeling Nathan will be on the web shit, that's what he specialized in at CSU before he came to ODU.

    Slogans and descriptions are completely up in the air still. I think we are both on board with saying something that gets across the "if you need it, we can do it" attitude and lets people know we do print, web etc etc. but then also trying to not just sound like a design company- so far "Visual Solutions" and "Design Experiences" are the best I've hit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. nevermind about that knockout comment . . . I'm a tard.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its ok. I think I broke up with really condensed fonts, and regret my overuse of them so that could be the thing.

    ReplyDelete